By Jonathan Howe
As always, the goal with this list is not to inflate the egos of those named, but to make you, the readers of ThomRainer.com, aware of the dozens and dozens of Christian leaders who are advancing the gospel in their respective spheres of influence. And while some pundits may sit back and claim Christianity is declining or dying, these leaders are clearly making a statement that it will not happen on their watch. They are passionate about Christ Jesus, His gospel, and taking it to the ends of the earth. The qualifications are quite simple: under 40 and making a Kingdom difference.
So without further ado, here is this month’s young influencer list:
- Jonathan Perkins (@LeaderFuel) – Entrepreneur and Designer, Jacksonville, FL — Jonathan has a heart for helping churches and businesses with graphics, motion design, and web design.
- Jimmy McNeal (@JimmyMcSings) – Worship Leader, The Austin Stone Community Church, Austin, TX — Jimmy serves on the worship team at Austin Stone and leads worship for conferences around the US.
- Ashley Smith (@aebsmith) – Instructor, Midwestern Women’s Institute, Kansas City, MO — Ashley serves as an instructor at MWI where she is integrally involved in training up the next generation of ministry wives.
- Josh Branum (@joshbranum) – Family Pastor, Faithbridge Church, Jacksonville, FL — Josh serves his local community of faith by overseeing the family ministries at Faithbridge Church in Northeast Florida.
- Lore Wilbert (@lorewilbert) – Writer, Washington, DC — Lore writes for several online outlets and blogs at sayable.net
- Chris Martin (@chrismartin17) – Author development specialist, LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, TN — Chris blogs at MillennialEvangelical.com and works with authors at LifeWay to help develop online content and platforms.
Please continue to pray for these individuals and their ministries. If you’d like to nominate a young influencer for consideration, let me know on Twitter: @Jonathan_Howe or in the comments section below. For previous young influencer lists, click here.
I went to the Austin Stone Community Church to get more information about Jimmy McNeal and listened to some of their worship music. All I can say is WOW!! Thanks for posting.
I meant to say that I went to the Austin Community Church website.
Yeah. They are legit. Jimmy led at the ERLC National Conference here in Nashville last year. I was blown away.
Excellent sharing. Thank you so much.
Just wanted to nominate Matt Markins, co-founder of the D6 Conference and current President/COO of Awana. He’s doing great work with a ministry that serves a lot of SBC Churches. https://www.awana.org/leadership/matt-markins