By Jonathan Howe
Once again, the goal with this list is not to inflate the egos of those named, but to make you, the readers of ThomRainer.com, aware of the dozens and dozens of Christian leaders who are advancing the gospel in their respective spheres of influence. And while some pundits may sit back and claim Christianity is declining or dying, these leaders are clearly making a statement that it will not happen on their watch. They are passionate about Christ Jesus, His gospel, and taking it to the ends of the earth. The qualifications are quite simple: under 40 and making a Kingdom difference.
So without further ado, here is this month’s young influencer list:
- Jason Zellmer (@jasonzellmer) – Pastor of Peine Ridge Church, Wentzville, MO — In addition to his role as a pastor, Jason also co-founded PlantMidwest, a church-planting movement focused on Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Michigan, and Nebraska.
- Jason Petty, A.K.A. Propaganda (@prophiphop) – Poet, Hip Hop Artist, and Emcee, Los Angeles, CA — I first saw Prop perform at Catalyst in 2011. I’ve been a fan ever since.
- Amanda Bible Williams (@biblewilliams) – Chief Content Officer of She Reads Truth, Nashville, TN — Amanda helps run the wildly popular website SheReadsTruth.com. And, yes, that’s her real maiden name.
- Matt Boswell (@MattBoswell) – Pastor of Ministries and Worship at Providence Church, Frisco, TX — Keep an eye out for Matt’s Advent hymns album coming in November.
- Adam Thomason (@redrev) – Author and Speaker, Phoenix, AZ — Check out his latest book, Red Revolution.
- Chasity Phillips (@chasityphillips) – Marketing Strategist for LifeWay Worship, Nashville, TN — Chasity leads the marketing efforts for LifeWay Worship.
Please continue to pray for these individuals and their ministries. If you’d like to nominate a young influencer for consideration, let me know on Twitter: @Jonathan_Howe or in the comments section below. For previous young influencer lists, click here.
I’m looking for the “Change Readiness Inventory” which is a survey instrument that could be used to assess a church’s readiness to make change. Could you e-mail it to me or send me the link, please?
That’s in the resource kit related to Who Moved My Pulpit? There’s a link to that in the sidebar of this post (top right).
DJ Horton at Anderson Mill Road Baptist, Spartanburg, SC has pastored for 12 1/2 yrs. Research him and I think he would qualify for “Young Influener” list.