By Jonathan Howe
Once again, the goal with this list is not to inflate the egos of those named, but to make you, the readers of ThomRainer.com, aware of the dozens and dozens of Christian leaders who are advancing the gospel in their respective spheres of influence. And while some pundits may sit back and claim Christianity is declining or dying, these leaders are clearly making a statement that it will not happen on their watch. They are passionate about Christ Jesus, His gospel, and taking it to the ends of the earth. The qualifications are quite simple: under 40 and making a Kingdom difference.
So without further adieu, here is this month’s young influencer list:
- DA Horton (@da_horton) – Author, artist, and church planter in Los Angeles, CA – D.A. is currently in the process of relocating to Los Angeles to plant Reach Fellowship.
- Josh King (@JoWiKi) – Lead pastor at Sachse’s Church in Sachse, TX – Josh pastors a church on the northeast side of the DFW Metroplex and is a church replanting catalyst for the North American Mission Board.
- Bethany Jenkins (@BethanyJenkins) – Director of Vocational & Career Development at The King’s College in New York, NY – Bethany is a leading voice in the discussion around the intersection of faith and work.
- Ross Lester (@rosslester) – Lead pastor at Bryanston Bible Church in Bryanston, South Africa – In addition to leading Bryanston Bible Church, Ross is a church planting regional director in Southern Africa.
- Lecrae Moore (@lecrae) – New York Times best-selling author, Grammy-winning hip-hop artist – This name should be quite familiar to many readers. Lecrae is one of the most influential music artists around, and his new book, Unashamed, just hit the NYT best-seller list.
- Amanda Sloan (@LifeWayStores) – Marketing director for LifeWay Christian Stores in Nashville, TN – Amanda directs all the marketing efforts for our retail chain. She’s been with LifeWay for more than a decade working in both retail marketing and trade publishing marketing.
Please continue to pray for these individuals and their ministries. If you’d like to nominate a young influencer for consideration, let me know on Twitter: @Jonathan_Howe or in the comments section below. For previous young influencer lists, click here.