I will soon be transitioning to a new role here at LifeWay. I say “soon” because to move into this new role, my existing role needs to be filled. One does not simply cast EdStetzer.com (and its subsidiaries) and EricGeiger.com to the side. 😉
So here’s the deal. LifeWay is looking to hire a social media facilitator to work alongside Ed Stetzer, Eric Geiger, and the other vice presidents. Here’s the full description:
The Communications Department of LifeWay Christian Resources is seeking a Social Media Facilitator to provide social media expertise to members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). The individual selected for this role will work with the Vice-President of LifeWay Insights to develop strategy, support implementation, and develop on-line content. This will include strategic uses of Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and other social media, including blogs and microblogging services.
The Social Media Facilitator will also coach, advise and actively support other members of the Executive Leadership Team to enhance their presence and effectiveness in using social media in a way that will positively impact LifeWay’s ministry and business
The Social Media Facilitator will assist the Social Media Strategist in monitoring social media platforms, developing effective policies and practices for social media, training LifeWay employees, and monitoring trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to learn customized online CMS for The Exchange blog
- Ability to create, edit, compile, and curate content for blog posts
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or journalism, or a degree in Christian studies with some training in communications
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in communications, public relations, or related area.
- High-level of competency and experience with the following social media networks and the ability to track multiple accounts simultaneously and continuously: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, Vimeo, YouTube, WordPress and Evernote
So that’s basically part of what I’ve been doing for the past 20 months. Because the other part is what I’ll be doing more of in the future. I will be transitioning to work specifically for the president and CEO of LifeWay in a marketing and communications role. There are so many exciting pieces to this new opportunity, but one of the top ones is the fact that I’ll still be working on the same team with the same people I’ve been with for the past 20 months, just with a narrowed focus.
I highlight that part because if you follow any of us on Twitter in LifeWay Insights (e.g. Lizette Beard), you know how much fun we have doing all that we do.
It’s a great time to work at LifeWay. We have great people here and if you’re qualified, you should consider joining us. Just know that we work at full throttle but have a blast doing so.